- Awareness of the importance of Safe Routes to School.
- The number of programs that encourage walking and biking to or at school.
- The number of trainings on how to implement Safe Routes to School.
- The number of policies that support walking and biking to and at school—such as early arrival and departure for walkers and bikers.
- The number of safety features near schools such as sidewalks, cross walks and bike lanes.
In addition to working directly with schools, the project coordinators work within communities to identify opportunities for shared use of facilities and Complete Streets to improve access to physical activity.